Benefits of Non-taper Oversized Putter Grips.
Posted on February 13, 2014SuperStroke: First known as the grip used by the KJ Choi to win three PGA TOUR events, SuperStroke has become known as a revolutionary, putting technology that helps keep your hands relaxed while putting thru its non-tapered shape, flat surface and lightweight design.
- The large surface area of the SuperStroke Fatso Lite Splash Putter Grip brings more of the grip into contact with the hands, inhibiting breakdown of the wrists.
- Non-taper Design decreases wrist activity, reduces grip pressure and trains a smooth pendulum stroke out of your shoulders. Scientific tests have shown that the SuperStroke requires up to 32% less grip tension and represents a significant improvement over conventional putter grips. The Super Stroke's size encourages use of a "soft hands" technique and ensures a smooth and fluid putting stroke.
- Its Light weight design does not change the overall weight or swing weight of your putter and maintains same feel like a standard sized putter grip.
- 2-Thumb grips are shown to help prevent wrist break by 43% and when used in conjunction with the ‘2Thumb’ technique it is shown to improve putting stance.
- On an average round of golf the putter is used for between 43% and 50% of the shots taken. Unbelievably despite the expertise of the tour golfers involved 45% of six foot puts are missed on the PGA Tour. In 2008 the University of Loughborough Sports Technology Institute in the UK conducted a scientific study of the effects of using a 2Thumb grip compared to a standard putter grip. The findings were staggering.
- The use of the 2Thumb Grip resulted in an improvement in putting accuracy – right the way from reducing wrist break by up to 43% down to reducing ball hop, skid and first roll distances.