How to Buy a Golf Bag: 4 Things to Consider
Posted on October 7, 2012How to Buy a Golf Bag: 4 Things to Consider
- Type of Golfer
- Weight of Bag
- Number of Pockets
- Number of Dividers
- Tour Bags are the most comprehensive golf bags and feature generous storage with plenty of pockets and dividers. These bags are used by professional and competitive golfers who require more items on the course or for golfers who do not have to carry their own golf bag.
- Cart Bags are designed to attach to a golf cart and feature generous pockets and storage. They are heavier and are designed for golfers who will be walking the course. These golf bags are best for professional, competitive or serious golfers.
- Stand Bags are the most versatile type of golf bag. They generally feature a lighter weight design, although heavier than a Carry Bag. They are designed with base legs to keep the bag upright for easy club accessibility throughout your round. Stand golf bags are a great choice for any golfer.
- Carry Bags are the lightest weight golf bags and are designed for recreational or casual golfers. They are designed with shoulder straps for easy wear around the course and are best for golfers who will be walking.
- Travel Bags are designed for traveling golfers who want to protect valuable golf clubs. They are made to protect golf equipment through baggage handling and domestic or international flights. They feature heavier material or a hard case that securely encompasses a golf bag and club set. These work for any golfer that travels, and can also be used on the course.