How to cure your Shank?
Posted on April 13, 2020
Shank in golf is very common. Every golfer tends to shank a golf shot. Basically a shank is a big error that occurs when the clubface and the golf ball fail to meet as they were supposed to. The result the ball flies off to an un-targeted area.
Shank is usually caused by the hosel. Hosel is the part where the clubface connects the shaft. Shank occurs when the hosel makes contact with the ball in place of the clubface. Besides this, there are many other reasons that can cause one to shank a shot.
- Distance from Ball
- Grip pressure
- The swing path
- Poor body posture
Here are 5 special ways that can help cure a shank.
- First, ensure that you are standing at the right distance from the ball. If it’s too far, you will have a hard time reaching for the ball and if too closed will only make your swing cramped.
- Allow your arms to swing freely by flexing your knees just a little. Make sure that your arms are swinging right down close to your body and not away.
- Maintain right grip, it should not be too light nor too tight. Go for a grip that’s comfortable. Also, remember to place the back of your left hand and the right hand’s palm facing towards the target during the shot.
- Properly study and manage your spine angle so that the clubface makes directs contact with the golf and your shot is not wasted. You should focus on both in and out swing path.
- Avoid turning your knees and hips towards the target if you start suffering from the downswing. Maintain the forward leg firmly during this situation.
So now you know the causes and cures for your Shank. You can start your practice and improve your shots.
For a good game, you also need good clubs. If you are excited to try out the above practices with new clubs. We recommended trying the following products.
Mondeo 759 Maraging Hot Face-
it’s a fast-paced, enhance distance, and of multi-material iron.
Mondeo 811 Maraging Hollow Core-
it a hollow body, multi-material. Help increase ball speed and enhance weight distribution.
Tour Model X-Speed Woods-
It can help strike the ball straighter and farther.
Mondeo CNC Forged Wedges- These Wedges are made from quality carbon steel and come with beautiful mirror nickel-chrom coated finish.
Tour Model X-Speed Irons-
The 360º Deep Undercut Cavity feature promotes forgiveness and stability.
Tour Model X-Speed Hybrids-
The Aero-dynamic head profile is intended to promote club speed and distance.