Just Arrived: Mondeo 811 Hollow Core Iron with Maraging Insert Face
Posted on September 2, 2019
The new Mondeo 811 is a hollow body, multi-material, two-piece construction.
- Insert Face: The thin face is made from heat treated, high strength 450 Maraging Steel to offer a higher COR.
The face is only 2.0 to 2.1 mm thin, the unsupported, thin face increases face flexing. The thinner face increases ball speed and improves weight distribution for a low and deep Center of Gravity.
Maraging steel is a low-carbon steel alloy with a higher nickel content undergoing extended time of heat treatment. Maraging steel is an ultra-high-strength steel class deriving it's strength from precipitation of intermetallic compounds
- Hollow Body: Similar like a metal wood, the hollow body positions weight low and rearward for improved forgiveness and a piercing driving trajectory.
- Internal Weighing: the hollow core features internal counter weighing for improved stability.
- High Image Satin Nickel Chrome plated finish. The smooth satin brush finish reduces unwanted glaring.
- Grooves are USGA Conforming